all night long

One night last summer, driving home from a show in Detroit, I was completely awake and full of energy. It was the kind of moment where you can't stop smiling and every worry or concern is miles away from the steering wheel and the stretch of road ahead. I had recently burned a copy of The Good Earth by The Feelies and was enjoying how it mingled with the sounds of Woodward rushing by outside my open windows. Track six came on, and before it was over I wanted to hear it again. The second time through was even better; as was the third. All the way home I kept the song on repeat. Pulling into my driveway, I decided to continue my listening marathon, grabbed my iPod, and went for a late night walk. I could feel the air rushing past me as I walked. There was a feeling to stay frozen in: the clam power of purpose. The radiance of a summer evening that just won't end.

Nights like those are when favorite songs and discovered.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment